School Continuous Improvement Project: Program for Reading Enhancement MAXimized (PREMAX)
- Project Smile
- Brigada Eskwela 2016: First Place (Division Level) and Fourth Place (Regional Level)
- Julius V. Aranas (Senior Bookkeeper): PRAISE Outstanding Employee (National)
- Jao Eugene S. Pelaez (Grade 11 - ICT Animation): 2017 Titus Pens INK-Redible Challenge National Champion
- The Glitters: Over-all Second Place, Division Journalism 2016 (Mr. Vincent Carlo Vidal - School Paper Adviser)
- Best Innovative Instructional Materials: Teachers’ Obra Maestra
- Over-all Champion: Division Technolympics 2016 (TLE Department)
- John Christian Tiosan (Grade 10): First Place, Metrobank-MTAP-DepEd Math Challenge Eliminations (Mr. Jomar Chua-Trainer)
- First Place, Team Category: Metrobank-MTAP-DepEd Math Challenge Eliminations (Mr. Jomar Chua-Trainer)
Has an increase of 8.19% from the previous year (2015-2016) this is due to the school’s academic performance and enrollment of the Senior High School.
Health and Nutritional Status
Only 80 out of 244 severely wasted and wasted students are being catered by the school’s feeding program.
The increase of school’s budget is due to the implementation of Senior High School.
- Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses: Php 1,928,000.00
- Canteen: 84,324.00
- Local Government Units: 2,172,000.00
- Donors: 231,561.00
Teacher's Professional Development
There is a continuous professional development for teachers.
- 100 % of teachers attended monthly School Learning Action Cell (SLAC) and In-Service Training (INSET)
- 15 teachers are pursuing their graduate studies
- 32 attended other trainings on Information and Communications Teachnology (ICT), Guidance, Scouting and Pedagogy
- 15 are undergoing Teacher Induction Program (TIP)
Senior High School Implementation
Prior to the implementation of Senior High School under K-12 curriculum, the school has oriented its stakeholders on the importance and impact of the program. Teachers were prepared and well-informed for them to disseminate the necessary information about K-12 to parents and students. Partnerships were formed to help in the implementation most especially in the work immersion aspect. Linkages with the local government unit were done to aid the school in the advocacy program. “Usapang Pambarangay” was held monitored by the Division SHS Focal Person for intense education of parents, teachers, and students on SHS. It’s not easy to look for possible partner, you have to convince them to be part of the implementation. Facilities, rooms, materials, and books are some of the considerations one has to hurdle during the planning. Career Guidance Program of the school plays a vital role. Students must be guided on to what track they will take.
During the first semester of the implementation, there were so many problems encountered such as the lack of teachers, conflicts on schedules, lack of classrooms, chairs, and textbooks, and other materials needed for the classroom instructions. Despite all these obstacles, the school was able to surpass all of these. These were made possible because of the aid and support of the Division Office and school personnel, most especially with the completion of the school building and the provision of ICT equipment. At present, Panghulo National High School Senior High is under the supervision of Mrs. Lolita L. Acuña, together with the assistance of the SHS Focal Person Mr. Jude Chris Francisco. The school is currently offering the following tracks: ABM, TVL-ICT Programming and Animation, and HE (Bread and Pastry Production, Food and Beverages Services, and Cookery). The Senior High School faculty is composed of 11 teachers monitoring its 181 enrollees under the different tracks.
Currently, the school has an absorptive capacity of 270 students both for the Academic and TVL track. It’s enrollment is 194 for the first semester and 181 in the second semester. The school has nine (9) classrooms in the new senior high school building.